Homewood-Flossmoor Invite (BOYS)
H-F Boy’s ABC Indoor Invitational
Friday, March 1st 2019
Homewood-Flossmoor High School, 999 Kedzie Ave, Flossmoor, IL 60422
Field Events: 4:30pm
Running Events: 5:15pm
Participating Schools: Crete-Monee, Downers Grove North, Evanston, Fremd, Grayslake Central, Hinsdale Central, Homewood-Flossmoor, Huntley, Lakes Community, Lockport, Montini, Thornton
Adults: $5, Students w/ ID: $2
Concessions will be available in the North Cafeteria throughout the meet. Only water is permitted in the Fieldhouse. All other consumables must be eaten in the North Cafeteria.
Plaques will be awarded to the top two teams. Individual medals will be awarded to the top four places for each class in every event including the frosh/soph relays.
Scoring for the events will be as follows;
Class A- 10, 8, 6, 4
Class B- 8, 6, 4, 2
Class C- 6, 4, 2, 1
Relays- 12, 10, 8, 6
F/S Relays- 10, 8, 6, 4
1. The track is a 6-lane 200-meter Mondo surface with 8-lanes down the straight.
2. Long jump and pole vault runways have the same surface.
3. NO SPIKES allowed! Plastic bottom track shoes with no spikes in them are allowed, but we recommend bringing regular flats just in case. Athletes caught with spikes in their shoes will be immediately disqualified and your program may run the risk of not being invited back.
4. Shot put will be thrown on a wood surface in the turf field.
5. High jump will be on the infield on a multipurpose surface. Rubber soled shoes only.
6. All Running Events will be run in a C, B, A order.
7. We will not have locker room facilities available. Washrooms located around the track or in the building will be available to your athletes. Team camps will be in the North Gymnasium. No Gum, Candy, Drinks with Dye in Fieldhouse!
8. One participant from each school are allowed in each level for individual events - one varsity and one F/S relay team per
school. Please fill in A level first then B if you don’t have enough athletes to fill an event.
9. Athletes participating in frosh/soph relays may also compete in individual events.
10. The 4x200 relay will be run as a 3 turn stagger.
11. The 400 and 4x400 relay will be run as a 2 turn stagger.
12. The 3200 & 1600 will be run off waterfall and the 800, and 4x800 relay will be run off in alleys.
13. Please turn in relay cards with the first and last names to the clerk of the course.
14. Please remind athletes to check out of field events and check back in within 5 minutes after the completion of their race.
*Dick Pond Athletics will be at the meet for any of you or your athletes’ shoe and/or supply needs
Order of Events
4:30 Long Jump – We will run down the list as long as possible then cafeteria style, 3 jumps no finals
Triple Jump – Follows directly after completion of Long Jump, Cafeteria Style, 3 jumps no finals
4:30 High Jump – C,B,A run together, Starting Heights (C: 5’-0”, B: 5’-2”, A: 5’6”)
4:30 Pole Vault – C,B,A run together, Starting Heights (C: 7’0”, B: 8’0”, A: 8’6”)
4:30 Shot Put – C, B followed by A, 4 throws no finals
5:15 All running events will follow the C-B-A order
C - 3200m (may combine with B depending on numbers)
B - 3200m
F/S 4x800 Relay
VAR 4x800 Relay
A - 3200m
F/S 4x200 Relay
VAR 4x200 Relay
F/S 4x400 Relay
VAR 4x400 Relay
We will move along at a reasonable rate, so we ask athletes to be attentive and listen for the event calls.